Mama’s Pizza Casserole

 


A yummy casserole that is chock full of the most popular pizza toppings. I love serving this with salad and garlic bread. The leftovers are fantastic. I’ve made the recipe ahead of time and served it at potlucks using an slow cooker the following day.

I made this dish for dinner and everyone loved it. I made use of Italian sausage in place of ground beef, and angel hair pasta instead of egg noodles. I also substituted pizza sauce in place in place of the spaghetti sauce. I will definitely try it again.

I first saw this recipe on Facebook one day before and decided to give it a the go-ahead this evening. I left out the black olives and the mushrooms. I used one pound and a half of ground beef, and cooked the noodles. It didn’t seem like an issue doing it this method. I really loved the experience.

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground meat

1 16 oz. box bow tie pasta

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon oregano

Half teaspoon powdered garlic

2 ounces pepperoni slices cut into pieces

1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce

1 10 oz. can diced Italian style tomatoes

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 (8 ounce) package of shredded Italian cheese mix

Other pizza toppings you can include sausage, black olives, green peppers, onions,

 

Directions:

Boil salt and water for pasta. Once the water is boiling then add the pasta. The meat can be cooked in a separate pan. After pasta has been cooked then drain.

In a lightly greased 9x13x3 inches pan, pour a tiny amount of sauce until it is evenly coated it on the bottom. Place a layer of pasta, and then add half of the sauce, tomatoes in a can garlic powder, oregano.

On top of the pasta lay the ground meat over the pasta and then top it with pepperonis on top. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, as well as Italian cheese. Layer additional pepperoni. Add bacon bits and any other toppings you like similar to pizza!

The oven should be set at 350°F for 30 minutes.

Comments